GROUP TACTICS

Go down

GROUP TACTICS

Post by Perseas on Thu 3 Dec 2009 - 14:31

Here is a very important guide for every guild, this guide was made by Novinha and i think its the best way, for ppl who dont know the basic group tactics, to get familiarized with em.

In a group you want all 3 builds to be present. This way you can cover a little bit of everything, making it easier to overwhelm opponent(s). In addition in group vs. group fights it is very important to stay in formation. If you thin out to much, you just make easy pickings for your opponent(s)

Now then the formation my legion has used in the past and has found to work, Is to bunch up and push as a group. I know this sounds very simple and stupid just asking to be aoed….but it works. There are several reasons why this is a valid tactic and essential for survival in group play.

The first reason is the limit on healing range. Unlike most games, Aion is not very forgiving in healing range. If you move out of heal range, the healing spell will interrupt, if it is not instant cast. In addition, the range of healing magic in this game is noticeably smaller compared to others. That being said if some one runs to far ahead of the group two things happen. They die to focus fire from the enemy team, or the healer has to run an expose themselves to hostile fire to heal them. Obviously that is suicidal in both situations.

The second reason is the limit of ranged damage in Aion. Just like healing, the range is quite limited. Meaning if your ranged dps move to far ahead of the group, they expose themselves to melee attackers. In addition the same can be said about your opponents range. If you move as a group, you force your opponent ranged dps to expose them self to counter attack if they try to spike some one important such as a healer.

The third reason is to for retreating. If you retreat in a scattered formation, you will be picked off one by one and make it all the easier for a complete wipe. However if you retreat as a group, some of your opponent may get cocky and charge ahead of their group (you have no idea how often this actually happens…). In addition, backing off from the enemy group forces them to advance toward your groups new position to reestablish range. If they are unorganized, they will spread out a bit advancing on your groups position, making it all the easier to pick them off. Even better is if you retreat around a corner….. as you break line of sight of rangers and healers, leaving any melee dumb enough to charge ahead after your group with out support…. Usually leading to a very painful death.

When moving as a group you ideally want your stronger melees up front, such as Templar and Gladiator. In the middle you want your healers(to prevent melee ambush, and in the back you want your ranged dps… and your sins.
Now the sin role is pretty important here as they have to pivot a lot in the flow of combat. If they notice some one trying to ambush there back lines, they can stealth and return the favor to them; all the while warning there team of the threat. If your back lines are clear of enemies, the sin should focus on hit and run tactics threw out enemy lines. Kill the squishest target you can find (cough sorcs) and proceed to run away your pansy mane away back to your group before you get focus fired.The Templar and Gladiator job is to hold the front lines of your group, all the while pressing into the lines of your enemy group. They key is to not to press to far in, but enough to pressure your opponents group to spit up. If your front line succeeds in this, your enemy squishes and healers become easy targets for your dps to spike down. In addition though Templar should focus on cc any one trying to advance into there group, or pull away opponents trying to flee or hiding in the mass of another group. The Gladiator should spam his aoe is up to continue to put pressure on the other group’s healer.

The healer serves as a guide point for the group. Your group leader should make your own healers, so your group doesn’t get carried away and out run there heal distance. It is also a good way to keep tabs on what is happening on your healers. Not only that but they make great rally points for knowing when to stop the advance or retreating, since they are in the middle of the formation. The ranged dps know not to pass the healers, while the templar and gladiators know to stay in front of healers. Having healers knowing when to move and where to hold there ground is essential to moving as a group basics.

The ranged dps obviously wants to hold up the back of the line as far as possible to slow down the incoming of melee dps attempting to kill them. However if the lack of melee dps threat, it is safe to move a bit closer to the melee lines. However, staying at the front of the group for long periods of time should be avoided…. for obvious reasons.

This is a must read for every member imo.Wink

Graphics

Back to top Go down

Re: GROUP TACTICS

Post by Andisx on Fri 4 Dec 2009 - 7:18

great guide... makes everyone feel like a part of an army Very Happy

Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Aral on Fri 4 Dec 2009 - 8:01

Yep, but i like it.. It's awesome when 50 peoples from different countrys running in group and move sameway.

http://blacklegion.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Perseas on Fri 4 Dec 2009 - 8:29

Andisx wrote:great guide... makes everyone feel like a part of an army Very Happy

Yep, it reminded me of my army days (without the cursing:P)
But dont take it so heavy its just smthing that we all should keep in the back of our minds,
no1 will get shot for breaking formation. Laughing Suspect

WHO MOVED !?!?!?! Mad Mad Mad

Graphics

Back to top Go down

Post by Andisx on Fri 4 Dec 2009 - 10:59

Soldier... i want 100 elyos scalps Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
anyone who moved form formation..... & doesnt bring the required scalps..... will be kicked & killed
DO YOU UNDERSTAND!!!!
(random asmodian: YES SIR!!!! OFCOURSE SIR!!!!!!)
I: GOOOD... NOW GET LOST!!!!
bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing Laughing Surprised Surprised Surprised Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Smile Smile Smile

Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Aral on Fri 4 Dec 2009 - 11:01

God damn girls! now get up and fight or die with your dolls!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Gunner 46 on Sun 6 Dec 2009 - 4:47

it remembers me The fucking Military training!! Get UP!!! (Yes,Sir!!!) I HAVENT HEARD!!!REPEAT IT!!(YES SIRRR) REPEAT IT!!!! FUCK U SIR!!!!

The Gunner 46
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aral on Sun 6 Dec 2009 - 4:49

That's remind me the "old times" in kindergarten. The bad kids says: now fucking sissy get up!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Perseas on Sun 6 Dec 2009 - 5:13

You were rly advanced in kindergarden, the only "bad words" we knew
at that age was " eat shit ". And the famous Greek word "malakas = sm1 who jerks off a lot ".

lol, innocent youth. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Graphics

Back to top Go down

Post by Aral on Sun 6 Dec 2009 - 5:21

Yea, but the bad kids was really "Not-Nice" to me.. i was just little happy baby in my own fantasy world..

Back to top Go down

Post by Perseas on Mon 7 Dec 2009 - 4:58

TO AAAAAAARMS !!!!!!!!!

Graphics

Back to top Go down

Post by Machetejoe on Mon 7 Dec 2009 - 19:12

super guide man, i agree one hundred percent, mandatory read i say

Machetejoe
Black Eagle